|ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
There are several items that are up for consideration of our membership and the discussions will begin at the next meeting October 16 2018 if you are unable to attend the upcoming meetings and would like your voice to be heard please reply to this email or contact the club executive.
1. ACA Spring Lake Aeration Support – The ETFC had made a five year commitment to donate $1000 per year to the ACA to offset the costs of aeration at Spring Lake during the winter months. This 5 year commitment has ended and we are asking the membership if they want to renew this donation. The aeration program has enabled Spring lake to become one of the best fisheries in the area by keeping trout alive over our long winters and the $1000/year helps the ACA offset the costs of materials, electricity and labour. Your executive supports this renewed commitment.
2. Dock Removal – We are suggesting Sunday October 21 for the annual Spring Lake Fall clean up and dock removal. The weather forecast suggests this will be a mild weekend suitable for this work so if we have enough volunteers for this date we will move forward with these plans.
3. Spring Lake Fishing Regulations – Some members have suggested that fishing at Spring Lake could be greatly improved for all with some changes to the fishing regulations specifically at Spring Lake. The lake is currently listed as a Stocked Trout Lake and is open all year with 5 trout limit per person with no size or tackle restrictions. Your executive is seeking your opinion on the following suggested changes.
- Daily catch limit – Currently 5 fish – Proposed reduction to 2 fish, no size restrictions.
- Ice fishing restrictions – Currently open all year – Proposed ice fishing closure or season reductions.
- Bait fishing – Currently no special restrictions – Proposed bait ban or bait restrictions
- Lake classification – Currently a Stocked Trout Lake – Proposed change to Quality Trout Fishery
Please note – The executive is not currently endorsing or recommending any or all of these changes. We are simply initiating a discussion to help improve angling at a very special local lake.