The Club owns two properties at Spring Lake:
675 Lakeshore Drive is an empty lot with a locked gate through which members only have access by signing out a key from the Property Chairperson, Peter Mapplebeck, 963-6047. This access allows drive-through access from the road to the club shelter, pier and boat storage area. Boats are stored at Members’ own risk.
670 Lakeshore Drive is open with a grassy area adjacent to the road where members may camp. From this there are steps leading down to the club’s shelter, swings and washrooms.
Members using the property are asked to abide by the Club Property Rules as follows:
EDMONTON TROUT FISHING CLUB
PROPERTY USAGE RULES – 2009
The following rules are designed to promote the harmonious relationship of the Edmonton Trout Fishing Club with local residents of Spring Lake and are further intended to aintain the property in good order for the benefit of all members:
- Property keys must be signed out (with deposits), may only be used by current club members, and cannot be loaned or transferred. Keys must be returned to the Club if members do not renew their membership.
- Members are required to lock the gate right after entering or leaving the property.
- The maximum number of guests per member at any one time is two (2), and the member must be present at all times while his or her guests are on the property.
- Requests for Group Activities require prior approval of the Executive.
- Campfires are permitted only in the designated fire ring by the shelter.
- Vehicle parking and overnight camping in the lower area is permitted only in the area immediately west of the swing and towards the lake. Camping on the upper lot above the picnic shelter is preferred
- The picnic shelter must be open, unobstructed and accessible for use by current members at all times. Members shall not store things in or make any modifications to the shelter.
- Pets must be under control at all times.
- Vehicles must stay on the drive paths and are not to exceed 10 km/hr. In accordance with Spring Lake Bylaw #303, no use of any Off-Highway Vehicles (like Snowmobiles or Quads) is permitted within the Village, including the meadow area between the lots and the lakeshore.
- Noise levels should consider neighbouring residents, especially between 2200 and 0800 hours.
- The Club reserves the right to refuse further access to the property or to terminate the membership of any person not complying with the property usage rules.