The Edmonton Trout Fishing Club will be using Zoom software for online meetings instead of hosting live meetings for the spring sessions of 2021. A decision will be made at a future date about plans for live meetings in the fall of 2021 and beyond.
Meetings will be held at 7:00 pm (mountain) on the first Tuesday of the month beginning on January 5, 2021. We will have the usual business meeting for the first 30 minutes, followed by a virtual presentation by a guest speaker who will talk to us on a variety of topics of interest to all membership. Please join us on the FIRST Tuesday of the month beginning in January
JOINING A MEETING
Meeting ID: 923 4472 6850
|By Phone||(587) 328-1099|
|By Computer||Click this link to start the meeting|
|Any Zoom client||Click the “Join a meeting button” and enter our MEETING ID # 923 4472 6850 and PASSWORD: 490034|
Zoom works on a desktop computer or laptop that has a microphone and speakers. Apple phones and iPads, Android phones and tablets. It is best to install the “FREE” Zoom Cloud Meeting App, or software. You don’t need to sign up or even supply email address to join the meetings.
TIPS IF YOU HAVE POOR IMAGE OR SOUND QUALITY
- Close other Apps that are running on your device
- For mobile devices, move closer to your Wifi Router
- Try a different camera or microphone
- Keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking. The meeting moderator may mute all microphones if there is too much noise.
- Turn on your Video so others can see you and create the virtual face to face experience.
- There is a Gallery Button, so you can see everyone in the meeting at the same time, toggle the button to see just the person who is currently speaking.
MEETING NIGHTS & SPEAKERS
JANUARY 5th – RUBEN BREITKREUTZ – Manufacturers Representative – FARBANK (Sage/Redington/Rio Products Topic: What’s new in flyfishing
FEBRUARY 2nd – CRAIG COPELAND – Cold Lake Fish Hatchery Topic: Update on trout stocking program
MARCH 2th – TODD ZIMMERLING – Alberta Conservation Association – Topic: Update on ACA Programs for 2021 and beyond
MARCH 16th – MARCEL MACULLO – Fisheries Biologist – Topic: Update on Dolberg, Chain and Salters
APRIL 6th – PHIL ROWLEY – Topic: “Season Opener”
APRIL 20th – KENTON NEUFELD – Fisheries Biologist – Rocky Mtn House – Topic: Native Trout Recovery in the ES2
HOPE TO SEE YOU JOIN US